Almond Milk Recipe!
Almond milk is one of the best and nutritious non-dairy Milk that is available for those who are trying to avoid dairy.
I have lactose intolerance due to celiac & suffering from lactose intolerance since last 7 years now and have been avoiding dairy completely. Why lactose intolerance affects celiac patients in the blog Celiac & lactose intolerance.
However, I love my milkshake and my coffee and I also love to have Masala chai which I can make with almond milk and this way I get my caffeine fix sorted!
Dairy can cause a lot of discomfort for those who are intolerant to milk and dairy products, it can cause bloating, diarrhoea, constipation, acne, hair loss it also hampers your immune system and your glands. So it is better to avoid it and make your own batch of milk very easily at home.
There are many types of non Dairy Milk that are available which include soya milk, cashew milk, walnut milk, pistachio milk, coconut milk and you can also try out oat milk or rice milk. but the milk when do work in any drink or by itself and give you an amazing amount of Nutrition Is almond milk.
Store bought almond milk might be a bit costly, and even if it is going to be cheaper to buy almond milk from Store then to make it at home, the homemade almond milk is much more creamy, full of nutrients, no preservatives, no flavour that is harmful for us. You also get much more almond content when it is homemade compared to the store bought milk.
Let’s start with making the almond milk; to make some really delicious and creamy almond milk, You will need the following:
- 1 cup almonds
- 4 cups water
- Pinch of salt (optional)
- vanilla essence or Vanilla extract (optional)
- dates or maple syrup (optional)
Let’s make the milk!
- Take the almonds and soak them in cold water overnight.
- In the morning wash the almonds properly, remove their peel.
- In a blender or vitamix, take the almonds and 4 cups of water and blend the almond water mixture for at least 2 to 3 minutes.
- Now strain the almond milk Using a cheesecloth or milk bag. You can double strain the almond milk to give a perfect to the Milk.
- Unsweetened almond milk is ready.
- Well in case, if you want to make sweetened almond milk you can add in maple syrup or coconut sugar as per your taste while you’re blending the almond milk. You can also add Vanilla extract to give almond milk neutral flavour.
Any which ways, I love almond milk unsweetened as I use it for my cuppa chai, smoothies as well as my various coffees that I make.
You can also use almond milk to make desserts and replace it with dairy based milk when you need milk in baking cakes & cookies.