Aloo Matar Gobi
Sometimes all you want to eat is something really comforting but healthy at the same time and I suppose there are certain vegetables aka sabzi that do the needful.
As a kid I used to love potatoes and I still do. Rather I tolerate them too & that matters. I remember mom cooking different types of veggies for meals & she played with combination for the veggies her was going to make.
I love Aloo Matar Gobi and it is so comforting, I can eat it alone without roti or rice.
It is gluten free, full of nutrients Like vitamins, minerals, protein & essential fats & made with fresh produce Sabzi. However, it has some fiber still it is gastroparesis friendly.
- Cauliflower (Gobi)- 250gms or medium size (chopped)
- Potatoes (Aloo) – 4 potatoes medium size & boiled.
- Peas (Matar)- 100gms ( either frozen or boiled)
- Salt- To Taste
- Red chilli powder- 1/2 tsp
- Garam Masala- 1 tsp (if not available add 1/4 tsp of cloves powder,1/4 tsp of cinnamon powder, 1/4 tsp star anise powder and 1/4 tsp cardamom powder)
- Green chilli paste – 1 tbsp ( you can add some more if you want it more spicy)
- Ginger paste- 1 tsp
- Cumin seeds- 1 tsp
- Carom seeds – 1/2 tsp
- cumin powder – 1/4 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1/4 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- Ghee or olive oil- 2 tbsp
- Cilantro (coriander) – 50 gms (chopped. For garnish)
- Lemon juice – 2 tbsp
- Water – 1 cup
- In a saucepan, heat the ghee & add cumin seeds and carom seeds, until it releases aroma & turns brown.
- Now add the ginger & green chili paste to the ghee mix. Saute it for few seconds and add red chilli powder & cumin & coriander powder to it.
- Add potatoes to the spice mix and mix well.
- Add Cauliflower and peas, as well as the remaining spices to the vegetables. Stir in 1 cup of water & salt and mix well.
- Let it simmer for 5-6 minutes with lid on.
- Open and add the lemon juice and coriander to cooked for sabzi. Remove from heat.
- Serve hot with flatbread, naan or rice. It tastes delicious!
“Food is ment to nourish not only your body but your mind and soul too, contentment is the key!”