I really liked it the first time I ate it at a friend’s house, I personally love potatoes, any kind of potatoes. Aloo Posto is an very easy to cook delicacy with mild simple flavors, trust me, its best kept that way! It is one of those delicacies that I can eat as well as I tolerate, as I can eat potatoes without any issue. Bliss!!!
Moreover, it is gluten free and vegan, making it a must try for all, It’s a dry dish so you can have it alone, or as a accompaniment with rice and curry.
- 10- 12 baby potato
- 5 green chilli
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 6 tbsp poppy seeds
- 1/2 tsp nigella seeds
- 2 tbsp oil ( Preferentially,mustard oil)
How to make it:
- Soak the poppy seeds in normal water for 30 minutes.
- Boil the baby potatoes and peel them.
- I like to keep them whole, nevertheless, you can cut them into halves once boiled.
- Meanwhile, take the poppy seeds and 4 green chillies and make a thick paste of it in a blender.
- In a pan take the oil and heat it, once it’s hot add Nigella seeds to it and let it temper, add 2 green chillies to it sliced from between.
- Add the baby potatoes to it and add turmeric powder to it.
- Sautee the potatoes nicely and add the poppy seed mix that you made to the potatoes and salt to taste.
- Mix everything well, add 1/2 cup of water and let it cook with lid on for 8-10 minutes.
- Serve hot!
“Food is the fuel not only for body but mind too, eat good to feel good!”