Black pepper has so many healing properties and it is one the most treasured spices found in Southern India. It is a spice that is incorporated in all Indian cuisines and cuisines around the globe. Black pepper has numerous health benefits…
- It helps prevent cancer 😅
- It’s gut friendly
- Black pepper improves digestion
- Helps in easing constipation and helps cure it.
- It helps in absorbing nutrients
- It has anti-inflammatory properties.
Potatoes are an excellent source of carbohydrates. For those who follow a grain free diet it’s an important part of their diet.
It’s gluten free and it falls under, soft food category so it’s great for gastroparesis patients as well!
Black pepper Potato stir-fry is my version of a classic North Indian delicacy Aloo Kali Mirch!
It is one of the vrat friendly recipes so they can be eaten during Navratri. Sounds great right?
We have more to it…
My version is much more gut friendly and healthy than the classic version as I have replaced some ingredients with healthier choices.
So without further ado, let’s see what all we need to make Black pepper Potato stir-fry…
- Potatoes- 500gms or 3 large potatoes , boiled and diced in cubes.
- Salt – to taste
- Black salt – 1/4 Tsp
- Olive oil – 3 Tbsp
- Cumin seeds- 2 Tsp
- Lemon juice- 1 Tsp
- Black pepper- 3 – 4 Tbsp freshly crushed black pepper. (You can grind it directly on the potatoes and increase or decrease amount of Black pepper as per your taste)
Let’s make it –
- Take a deep saucepan, add the olive oil in it . Keep the flame on high.
- Once oil heats lower the flame and add the cumin seeds. Once it’s a bit roasted add in the potatoes, black pepper and mix well and cook on high flame
- Add black salt and salt to the stir-fry and mix well.
- Cook for 5 mins on low heat.
- Add lemon juice and mix.
- Remove from flame and serve hot.
You can eat it as it is or with roti or naan, indian flatbreads!
I love to eat it just as it is …
“Food that heals and tastes delicious…”