Who doesn’t love eggs?
I mean it’s undoubtedly the easiest breakfast ingredient to use. Have hard boiled eggs or scrambled eggs or different kinds of omelettes, you have endless options for an easy healthy meal prepared using eggs. Eggs are an amazing source of protein and Vitamin B12. What’s more they are gluten free and good for gastroparesis as well as they have no fiber!
This recipe is created by Ajay my Hubby, though it has onions which I don’t tolerate with gastroparesis many patients do. While he created this recipe while I was sick last week and couldn’t cook. He in fact had it for dinner!
It’s such an easy recipe and you can cook it with basic ingredients that are available in your household!
Eggs always comes to rescue when I suffer a flare up.
Anyways for those without any health issues, you are gonna love it!
Let’s start cooking:
All we need:
- Eggs: 4 ( only use the whites, if you can’t tolerate or allowed yolks)
- Onion: 1, finely chopped
- Cilantro/ coriander: 1/4 cup finely chopped
- Cheese: 2 cubes or 50gms cheddar cheese , shredded.
- Salt : To taste
- Black pepper: 1/4 Tsp
- Green chillies: 2 chillies, finely chopped
- Olive oil: 1 tsp
Let’s make it:
- In a bowl, pour all four egg white and whip them for two minutes with a whisker, add in the salt, black pepper and cilantro to the whipped eggs, whisk for another 3 minutes.
- Once the eggs are fluffed and full of air, add the green chillies, cheddar cheese in the eggs and whisk again for a minute or so.
- The Omelette will be soft and light due to the air incorporated in the eggs.
- In a pan, take 1 teaspoon Olive oil and let it heat. Once the oil is hot, add the egg mixture on it and let it cook for 2-3 minutes on a low flame.
- Now carefully turn it and let it cook on the other side for a minute or less.
- Once cooked remove from flame and serve with ketchup.
“Alongside with Black coffee, it tastes delicious. A complete meal to savour your taste buds on!”