I just love potatoes and I can eat potatoes with my Gastroparesis as well as I tolerate lettuce. ( it low residue veggie).
This salad was a creation that My Hubby came up with and it’s like no other traditional salads you might have tried until now. It has many veggies mixed in together, which makes it an amazing salad for everyone to Savour.
It is very delicious with all the spices and tanginess it has, it is a must try for all those who love spicy hot food!
One of those salads that is very easy to make and assemble!
(P.S.- You can add, or minus veggies those suit you or those which you can’t eat)
- 4 medium potatoes
- One globe of lettuce
- Salt to taste
- 1 cup diced carrots.
- 10 Olives
- 8 slices Jalapenos
- 1/2 Tsp paprika powder
- 2 lemons- juiced
- 2 small onions
- 3 green chillies
- 1 Tsp roasted cumin powder
- 2 Tbsp Peri peri powder/ sauce
- Boil the potatoes.
- Meanwhile dice the carrots, chop the onion and tear the lettuce in small bites size pieces and slice the olives.
- Once the Potatoes are boiled, cut them into small cubes.
- In a big salad bowl, Mix in all the veggies with the boiled potatoes.
- Add the juice of 2 lemons, salt, paprika powder, peri peri, cumin powder, chopped green chillies to the salad mix.
- Let the salad sit in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours. Let it soak in all the spices and lemon juice. (it becomes more tasty this way!)
- Remove from the refrigerator and give it a gentle mix.
- The salad is ready to serve!
“Lip smacking goodness, to spike up your mood!”