There is so much Havoc about going gluten-free . While GF diet means, you just need to avoid all food items, beverages, and medications as well as cosmetics that contain gluten.
Gluten is a Protein that is majorly found in grains like Wheat & Barley, It is what makes the dough sticky and helps in binding.
Though not all react to gluten, but if you do then yo u can’t consume it. Nevertheless, there are plenty of things you can eat & I will have amazing recipes to make your life easier even with with celiac ( disorder where you don’t digest gluten).
There is one more thing that is gluten contamination which becomes a major issue in a world where breads and grains are an integral part of our diet. Eating out is risky and you always need to take due precautions.
FOODS THAT YOU CAN INCORPORATE IN YOUR DIET
- Cereals made with GF oats, buckwheat, quinoa, rice, amaranth ( Make sure they are without wheat or barley malt)
- GF Oats
- All Fruits and vegetables
- Chicken, eggs, and fish ( no breaded ones or in gravies)
- Milk-based items
The gluten-free diet means you need to stay away from anything that includes Gluten. Some of Gluten based items are:
- Breads, bagels, croissants, buns (made with GF flours are allowed)
- Cakes, donuts, and pies (made with GF flours are allowed)
- Cereals (made with GF flours are allowed)
- Crackers and potato chips and tortilla chips or other snacks (made with GF flours are allowed)
- Pancakes and waffles (made with GF flours are allowed)
- Pasta and pizza ( made with GF flours )
- Soups (most) (GF marked are allowed)
- Stuffing (GF marked are allowed)
- Candies (Non GF)
- Cold cuts, hot dogs, salami or sausage
- Marinades, sauces, soy and teriyaki sauces (GF marked are allowed)
- Salad dressings (GF are allowed)
- Self-basting turkey
When on a gluten free diet one thing you always do is, read labels before buying packed stuff,
“Despite all the challenges, maintaining a healthy gluten free diet is possible with awareness and planning!”