Grilled Paneer Tikka, an all time favorite recipe served across the globe & savoured by all!
Paneer, also known as cottage cheese is something I just love to eat and it’s High Protein; best benefit! As a kid we only used to eat paneer occasionally but now I eat it regularly. Just love it as it!
I will be creating my version of classic Tandoori Paneer Tikka as Grilled PaneerTikka!
- 1/4 cup- Greek yogurt or hung curd.
- 1/2 Tbsp- ginger paste
- 1/4 Tsp- turmeric powder
- 1/4 Tsp- ground cumin powder
- 1/4 Tsp- ground Coriander powder
- 5 Tbsp- Olive oil (You can use any oil of your choice )
- 250 gms- Paneer ( Cut into 2 inch cubes)
- Salt to taste
- 1 Tsp- Red chilli powder
- 1/4 Tsp- green chilli paste
- 1/4 Tsp- black pepper
- 2 tbsp- Lemon juice (divided)
- Take the greek yogurt in a bowl; give it a good whisk & add all the dry spices to it and mix it all properly.
- Add the paneer cubes to it & add 1 tsp lemon juice, Ginger & green chilli paste to it as well.
- Mix it all well & let it sit to marinate for Min. 2 hours & best is overnight or 8 hours in the refrigerator.
- Heat up a grill Pan ( Tawa) and put 2 Tbsp oil to grease the Pan.
- Once it hot put the paneer cubes one by one on the grill pan, don’t overcrowd it. ( depending on the size of your pan you can have 2-3 rounds as well)
- Once it’s cooked and golden brown on one side turn it around and cook it till it reaches your desired color.
I love the edges bit burnt; it gives the paneer a charring effect.
- Remove the Grilled paneer on a serving plate & drizzle the remaining lemon juice on it.
You Grilled Paneer Tikka is ready to savour & enjoy!