An classic Indian sweet that is loved by everyone and is one of those sweets that is offered to God as prashad the most I suppose!
It ain’t vegan though can be made vegan … it’s something that is worth trying and yes, it’s glutenfree free and grain free. Well, mawa or sweet mawa is traditionally used to make it but i have a recipe with a twist a hack rather 😉
It’s as tasty as the classic version but easier and faster to make and you will end up finishing it as quickly as well.. All you need is 5 Ingredients and you are happy to go…
So, let’s make some delicious goodness and elevate your mood!😃
- Sugar( I prefer castor but you can use granulated ) – 1 cup
- Water – 1/2 cup
- Milk powder – 1 cup (for vegan use coconut milkpowder or cashew or almond milk powder)
- Cardamom powder- 1/2 Tsp
- Ghee – 2 Tbsp
- In a saucepan, add ghee and let it melt.
- Simultaneously, in another pan add the sugar and put it on medium heat. Add water and mix well , let it cook and stir continuously for 2 mins.
- Add cardamom powder to it and mix well.
- Now mix milk powder to ghee and mix well. Let it blend well. Cook on medium heat.
- Mix the sugar syrup to the milk powder mix.
- Mix it all well and stir well continuously until the mixture leaves the edges and ghee is released.
- Remove from heat, put it on a silicon sheet and until it’s cool enough to work with.
- Roll them into balls and press them slightly from the middle.
- Decorate with sliced almonds and cool them for 2 hours.
- Malai Peda is ready… enjoy 😉