Millet Farali dosa is a delicious grain free dosa recipe, gluten free and can be vegan. It’s made using Barnyard millet and Tapioca. Very healthy and nutritious as well!
The best part is you can make these millet farali dosa easily and with minimal ingredients.
Another sumptuous recipe for those who do Navratri vrat (fasting)specials. It’s a complete meal! You eat them and you are set for the day!
So let’s start preparing the recipe!
- 1 cup – Barnyard millet
- 1/2 cup – Tapioca
- 2 inch piece – ginger
- 4 – green chillies
- As per taste – Rock salt
- 200 gm – yogurt
- 1 – 1’1/2 cup – Water @ extra water to soak millet.
- Olive oil/ Ghee- for making the dosa
So now that we know all the ingredients that are needed to make these dosa, without further ado let’s make them!
Cooking It –
- In a big bowl take the Barnyard millet and Tapioca and wash them thoroughly and then soak them for 2 – 8 hours in water. Leave extra water on top as Tapioca will swell.
- Remove any excess water that remains in the soaked millet mix.
- Now, in a blender take the millet, Tapioca and yogurt with the green chillies and ginger and grind it to a paste.
- Remove the batter in a bowl and add water enough to make a thin batter, like crepe batter a bit thinner.
- Add rock salt to the batter and let it sit for 15 mins.
- Now, heat a flat pan and pour the batter starting from the edges and going onwards with a ladle. 1 dosa will take 1-2 ladle of batter.
- The batter forms lace on the hot pan. That’s the right consistency of the batter. If that doesn’t work add some water and try again.
- On the edges add olive oil and then brush some oil in the center. Let it cook for 2 mins and then flip on the other side. Cook for another 2 minutes or until crisp and golden brown.
- Remove and make the rest in the same way.
- Serve them with cilantro chutney or peanut coconut chutney.
“Food needs to be enjoyed, nourish your body with clean eating“