As a kid I always enjoyed anything my mummy use to cook, my favourite dishes, tiffin recipes and the deserts that she use to cook were so delicious and healthy recipes everything tasted just amazing. Oats lapsi is my take on the cracked wheat lapsi mummy used to make on every sunday at lunch as a sweet dish!
It was healthy alternative and it served the purpose of eating something sweet at lunch post your meal & she never objected an extra serving, which was the best part as a kid.
Now that I am Gluten free since 5 year, I have created my version of the same recipe that mummy made for me using oats. Oats as we all know are great for health, very nutritious, good for heart as well.
Oats lapsi is very healthy, full of protein, gluten free, vegan, refined sugar free, so everyone can enjoy it.
You can make it even nut free and it still will taste delish.
1 cup- Steel cut oats
2 cups- water
4 Tbsp- Sugar ( I use coconut sugar)
2 Tbsp- Ghee
1/2 Tsp- Cardamom powder
1/4 Tsp- Nutmeg powder
6-8- Almonds, chopped
How to make it:
- In the non-stick pan, take 2 tablespoons of ghee And let it heat
- Once the ghee is hot, add 1 cup of steel cut oats in it.
- Mix well and saute it for 1-2 minutes.
- Add 2 cups of water and stir, until a boil comes.
- Once it boils, add the sugar, cardamom powder & nutmeg powder to it & let it simmer on medium heat with lid on, until the water is all soaked and oats are cooked.
- Now add the chopped almonds and raisins to it, mix well and serve.
- Healthy & delicious Oat Lapsi is ready to eat.
- Serve it hot or warm.. It taste best that way.