Salted Caramel Sauce is one of the most trending flavors these days or say in 2020.
Yeah! 2020 is a year we will remember with a pinch of salt… However, to ease the stress there’s nothing better than sweet treats!
Salted Caramel Sauce is by far one of my favorites when it comes to sweets, be it salted caramel bar, Salted Caramel filled chocolates or cakes, they definitely taste delicious. The salt enhances the sweet notes of the caramel while balancing sweetness!
It’s a damn easy recipe, just need to follow it right! Plus it’s gluten free and can be made vegan! (option included)
Without further talking let’s make Salted Caramel Sauce…
- Castor Sugar – 1 cup
- Heavy cream (Use coconut cream if you need it vegan) – 1 cup
- Water- 60 ml
- Vanilla bean paste – 1/2 TSP
- Rock salt – a pinch or 2
Let’s make it-
- In a heavy bottom pan take the water and add the castor sugar. Mix it well.
- Now, put it on medium heat and let it cook. Never stir the sugar once you put it on heat. Even if you are tempted too…
- Let the water evaporate and caramel will start changing color from pale yellow to dark amber. .
- Meanwhile, add the vanilla bean paste to the heavy cream and mix well. Keep it aside.
- Make sure not to stir the caramel at any given point of time. No stirring.!
- Once the caramel becomes amber brown you can take it off the flame.
- Give it a good mix now and add some of the cream into it, just some of it . It will temper. ( be safe as lot of steam will be released)
- Add the remaining cream to the caramel and keep stirring until the temperature lowers.
- Add the salt and mix well.
- Your Salted caramel is ready to serve.
- Store in an airtight glass jar, it stays good for 2 weeks ….
Use it on icecream, frost cakes or fill cupcakes with it, or lick it off… *:) Wink!
It’s delicious anyway….