Twisted Mashed Potato
One of the dishes that I just love and the best part is I can digest and tolerate mashed potatoes as well having Gastroparesis. Mashed Potatoes are one of my favourite dishes off all times especially when it comes to Italian cuisine.
It’s Gluten free! so it works for celiac patients.
It is such a simple preparation, but it tastes amazingly delicious. The unique thing about Mashed Potatoes is that you can make them in different ways, like Classic Mashed potatoes, Mashed potatoes with beans, Mashed Potatoes with mushrooms and it goes on.
Mashed potatoes are gluten free the way I make them, The name Twisted Mashed Potatoes comes from the fusion touch that has been given to the dish, yes it is one of the preparations where my hubby came up with a slight bit of twist and that just made it gorgeously delicious.
So, Twisted Mashed potatoes comes with an added Indian touch.
Let’s see how we make this delicious dish!
- 4 Large Potatoes- Boiled and Peeled.
- Salt to taste
- Parsley: 1/4 cup (finely chopped)
- You can use coriander if you don’t have parsley; it tastes equally good.
- Black Pepper: 1 Tsp
- Butter: 50 gms (Melted)
- Garlic crushed: 1 Tbsp
- Oregano: 1 Tsp
- Ginger Paste: 1/2 Tsp
- Green chillies : 4-5 ( finely chopped )
- Cheddar cheese 1 1/2 Cups
How To Make Twisted Mashed Potato:
- Take the boiled potatoes in a bowl and mash them properly.
- To it add the butter, black pepper, Ginger paste, crushed garlic, chopped chilies, oregano and salt. ( note: Butter and cheese are salty so don’t overdo on salt in the potatoes. Taste and add)
- Add 1/2 cup cheese to the mash and mix well.
- Add the chopped Parsley and mix well.
- Now in a baking dish, ( deep) spread some butter, then add a layer of Mashed potatoes.
- Add 1/2 cup cheese on it and make a layer.
- Repeat the final layer of remaining Mashed potatoes and add the remaining 1/2 cup cheese on the top of the mashed potatoes.
- Preheat oven at 200`c for 10 mins
- Now bake it for 20 minutes, at 200`c or till the top is golden brown and the mash leaves the corners of the baking pan.
- Once baked, remove & let it cool down for 5 mins before serving it.
- Wahlaa! Delicious Twisted Mashed Potato is ready to enjoy!
“Eat food that makes you happy, that’s what’s important in life, especially during this quarantine situation”