Sometimes when you don’t have enough time and want to cook something quick and easy, my recipe of Vegetable Stir-Fry Rice is the best choice to try out. It’s not only healthy, it’s easy to make, nutritious yet delicious in taste.
You can make it with leftover rice or make rice just an hour ahead! It’s gluten free, Vegan and lupus, celiac & gastroparesis friendly recipe! It’s full of healing properties with the use of spices and herbs with anti inflammatory properties!
I often used to make this recipe while I was working prior to covid times!
Anyway, I made it through the pandemic lockdown and still do often when I dont want to cook much. The vegetables used can be swapped for your personal choices of vegetables as the most important thing is you need to love what you eat!
Let’s see what we need to make this rice:
- 2 Tsp – Ghee ( to make it vegan use olive oil)
- Asafetida powder- a pinch
- 1 Tsp- cumin seeds
- 2-3 piece- dry red chillies (avoid if you can’t eat spicy)
- 1 cup – rice
- 350-500 ml – Water
- 1 cup – mixed veggies (I use a mix of beans, peas, carrots and corn)
- 1 medium- onion
- 1 large- potato (Cut into long slices)
- 2 to 3 – Green chillies , chopped
- Salt – to taste
- Cloves – 3-5
- 1 Tsp – ginger-garlic paste
- Bay leaves- 1 – 3
- Cilantro- handful to garnish
- Lemon juice – 1 Tsp
- Cinnamon stick- half ( optional )
- Cardamom- 2 crushed ( optional )
Though it looks like too much it ain’t too much. You can play with the choice of veggies you use.
So, let’s make it-
- In a pan, take ghee and turn the flame on medium heat.
- Once the ghee melts, add cumin seeds and let it roast a few seconds. Add asafetida powder to it and let it mix. Add cinnamon sticks, dry red chillies, cloves, bay leaves, cardamom to the tempering as well.
- Add ginger garlic paste and green chillies.
- Add the onions and let them sweat. Once light golden, add potatoes and rest of the vegetables and mix well. Add salt to the vegetables and let them cook for 2 mins.
- Add the rice to it and mix it all together properly. Add water and let it come to a boil. Once it comes to a boil, put the lid on and turn the flame down letting the rice cook for 12 to.15 mins.
- Remove the rice from the flame and stir well. It will be nice and fluffy.
- Vegetable Stir-Fry Rice is ready to serve.
- You can have it just like that or eat with yogurt.
‘Healthy recipes made tasty ‘